Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chapter 1 Note Taking

Each blog post should demonstrate at least 3 out  of the following 5 areas of critical thinking: 


1) Question: In the first chapter of the novella two characters, Lennie and George are introduced. They are walking along the road in search of a job. They head towards the woods for the night to have their beans and drink the stagnant water. It doesn't seem all that great but they seem used to it which makes me wonder. How long have they been at this? Also, why are they in need of this job? I just wonder what there life was leading to the beginning of they story.  

2) Prediction: Based off of what has already happened I predict that Lennie is going to cause some trouble with the new job they are going for. I think he is going to talk when he's not supposed to. Also, I think George is going to get annoyed at Lennie and tensions might rise.  

3) Reflect: I think that the author wrote this novella to give people different views on life and how it was around that time period. So far the book seems good and I like the authors description on all of the nature elements. I have a feeling that it will get even better by the way its headed now. Mabye if Lennie's thought were portrayed more it wold be more interesting. 




http://web1.boisestate.edu/socwork/dhuff/history/chapts/5-1.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment